Foundational skills for Grade 3 Math
In grade 3, students typically build upon the math skills they learned in previous grades, such as counting, adding, and subtracting. Here are some of the foundational Common Core math skills that students in grade 3 are expected to master:
- Understand and apply the properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Understand the relationship between addition and subtraction and use them to solve problems.
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division within 100.
- Understand fractions as numbers and represent fractions on a number line.
- Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of time, length, weight, and liquid volume.
- Represent and interpret data using graphs.
- Understand the concept of area and use it to determine the area of two-dimensional shapes.
- Understand and use place value to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
- Use mental math strategies to add and subtract within 1000.
- Solve problems involving perimeter and find the perimeter of polygons.
These foundational math skills are important for building a strong mathematical foundation and preparing students for the more complex math concepts they will encounter in later grades
ELC provides detailed “I can do” statements and infographics for 3rd grade, a valuable resource for parents, students, and teachers. 3rd grade infographics are aligned with Common Core State Standards and help parents and teachers understand what students should know and be able to do at 3rd grade.
Benefits to learning math online with Educo Learning Center (ELC), Including:04/06/2023
Convenience: ELC math resources can be accessed anytime, from anywhere, with an internet connection, making it easy to fit math learning into a busy... more
Importance of Diagnostic Test03/27/2023
If you are thinking about how to start helping your child learn Math, a Diagnostic test would be the best place to start. Diagnostic tests are ... more
Tutorials, a powerful learning tool for students03/24/2023
In the past decade, teachers have used their digital notes or PowerPoint presentations to teach in the classroom or virtually. The pace of util... more